cant_talk_knitting

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Off Off and Away!

Wahoo! We leave today!

Mr. CTK is running around trying to do everything at the last minute. Yours truly packed yesterday, but of course I cannot truly relax until *he* is ready.

Thank goodness BART doesn't potentially go into strike mode until Wednesday as that is how we are getting to SFO.

Flight/Trip Provisions:

Snacks: Jelly Bellies, Swedish Fish and Wine Gums. Luna Bars, Almonds and Dried Apricots to balance out all of that sugar. We are flying business class, so I probably don't need all of these snacks, but I'm sure they will be consumed over the trip.

4 books -- I hope this will be enough, though I've found an English language book store in Hanoi just in case (and it could help ease my one big regret about this trip -- we will not be here on the day HP6 comes out!! I'm thinking the Hanoi store would probably carry the British edition, so that could be a cool consolation prize for missing out on the midnight shopping trip on the 15th.)

3 knitting projects -- Kyoto, the bunny hat from SnB Nation & a teddybear from Berrocco that only takes one skein so I could justify it as an "emergency" knitting project. Plus it uses #11, which will be a nice break from the #5s that the other two projects use. I upgraded my unused 16" #5 bamboo circs to AddiTurbos yesterday.

Here's a great way to justify the expense of AddiTurbos, for all of you out the in yarn & needle diet land.

1. Purchase size you'd like in Addi Turbos in another brand, costing, oh, $8.25 or so.

2. Wait a few weeks while you knit things with other needles.

3. Go back to LYS & exchange bamboo needles for Addi Turbos.

4. Pay $6 difference.

5. Compliment yourself on how inexpensive the Addis seemed to be since you spread the cost out over a couple of weeks. :P

Only 2.5 hours until we leave! Mr. CTK is traveling for three weeks with only a smallish rolling suitcase!! Clearly I didn't give him enough of the common items to pack! I am not a heavy packer, but at least I know how handy it is to have a carry on.

At least I have a collapsable duffle bag in my suitcase. He doesn't believe we will acquire enough goodies on the trip to necessitate bringing a carry on. Silly Boy!

OK, I may try to post while gone, but have often encountered awful keyboards in foreign countries where it takes you 30 minutes to type:

Dea& MOm,
We aRe here%. It i? hot. See YOu.
lOve*
c+K

2 Comments:

  • omg where are you?! are you ok!?!
    heh. just kidding.
    But, hope you post soon. With pictures.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 PM  

  • WELCOME BACK!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home