cant_talk_knitting

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I am a total grade grubber

So I am now obsessively checking for my grades. I don't know why it even matters, since I am done with school & know that I haven't screwed up too bad in any of my classes. I was a grade grubber in high school, got over it in college (read: discovered beer) but grad school had me back to my OCD grade ways.

I spent yesterday with my grandma, which was fun, if conversationally repetitive. She told me a few stories that she told me last week on the phone. But, I figure since she's 88, I'd better listen now before she's gone. We ate dinner at my parent's house & my father was in a FOUL mood, which kind of ruined the last night of my grandma's visit. He is compelled to escalate to personal attacks when he is in a bad mood. We came home & my darling husband complimented me on how in control I stayed (though at one point my hands were shaking because dad was making me so upset and uncomfortable.) In the past, I would have attacked back, so I guess there is something to be said for maturity. But its amazing how parents still have the capacity to make you snap back into frustrated 13 year old behaviors.

I am also waiting on someone to call me about an interview -- sigh! Its my one strong job lead, though I know I need to get off my duff and look for other things so I'm not putting all of my eggs in one little basket. Tomorrow I have an interview with a placement agency, so maybe something will come of that. But I need to start working my connections like there is no tomorrow so I can get a job that will start when I get back from SE Asia.

I realized today that my blog is ostensibly about knitting, but I've posted no pictures nor written much about my knitting adventures, so must remedy that. After I get back from stinky sweaty yoga class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home