cant_talk_knitting

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Ouch! Rejection!

So I got an email from the second interview place letting me know they'd gone with another candidate. That sucks! It would have been a hellacious commute & I wasn't all that sure I really jibed with the person who I would have reported to, but I still feel sad and rejected.

But, "I got to have faith" (George Michael, where are you now??)and realize that the right job will come along. I just hope it is soon!

On the brighter side of things, I do have three days of work next week to get me out of the house, and another 3 days in September. So, at least a little income will be arriving soon -- but more importantly, it will provide me with a few days of distraction.

Perhaps the person at the other company who is "scouting" for me will find something wonderful -- or at least a foot in the door there. But, I must also plug along with purusing other opportunities.

I keep thinking about one of the final "Sex and the City" episodes where Charlotte tells her husband that God will send them a baby -- they just need to do their part by filing all the necessary paperwork.

My sweet husband reminded me that he is making enough to support our little family of two & not to worry. Even before I heard from this job, he said "Don't be hasty & take the first thing that comes along. We have enough money to survive while you find the right thing." I need to not let fears of never being able to find a job/buy a house/afford to start a family get in the way of staying positive.

3 Comments:

  • lucky you! i wish I could quit working! I'd do NOTHING all day long!

    I guess I'd get bored eventually. Maybe. I don't know...do you get bored?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 PM  

  • I ditto SFKnitter. I would love to be free of The Man, except me and the cats would be homeless.

    You'll find something. Enjoy this brief break while you can -- it won't last! The right thing will find you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 PM  

  • That's very sweet of your husband, and you should definitely take him up on his offer to take as much time as you need.

    I can't tell you how many rejections I got last time I did a job search, but it worked out for the best. I ended up exactly where I needed to be.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home