cant_talk_knitting

Monday, January 09, 2006

Secret Pal Seven Questions

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I guess I am a bit of a yarn snob, though I do appreciate some of the Lion Brands -- cotton ease and some of the wool blends. Red Heart just feels too scratchy.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? No, I save all of my time for knitting.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Generally, the packets they came in.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My knitaversary is coming up next month! I'd say beginner-intermediate. I was in grad school when I started knitting, so probably accomplished more projects in my first year of knitting than a lot of beginning knitters.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Lavendar, Mint, Cotton, mmmmm, lots.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I'm an equal opportunity sweet lover, though prefer things like Swedish fish and Jelly Bellies to chocolate. I could eat candy every day and not tire of it. :)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I'm more into cooking than crafts beyond knitting. I do sew, but picked up knitting because it is so portable.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like a lot of different types of music. Try me. I mostly listen to 80s New Wave, the Beatles and girl singers from Ani DiFranco to Sleater-Kinney

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? So hard to choose -- I like greens & blues a lot. Have red hair, so I tend to avoid the red family.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, two cats, wee one expected in late July!

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves and hats. I prefer gloves. No to the ponchos.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I do love Rowan wool/cotton, but wouldn't really say I've been knitting long enough to have a favorite. More whatever strikes my fancy when I visit the yarn shop.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm not really into the novelty yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I don't really get on an obsession track -- I operate more on finding patterns that I like then getting the yarn for it. I guess baby hats are the one thing that I like to make that I'll freestyle with.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Anything that I don't end up frogging at some point. :) I like scarves and hats for the quick and easy-ness; sweaters for the end result satisfaction.

17. What are you knitting right now? the pumpkins from Knitty.com's fall issue

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? circs, but somewhat project dependent

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo, but I do love Addi Turbos when I feel like splurging

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes, both.

22. How did you learn to knit? I took a class at my LYS, then picked up techniques from books and the web.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Don't have any currently.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Rudolph, probably.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect? no

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none. I tried interweave, but probably would never keep up with reading knit mags. I prefer food mags because I don't feel the guilt if I never make a single recipe from them.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? None that I can think of.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Not that I can think of right now.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Haven't attempted socks yet. Not sure of measurements, but I wear a women's 9.5

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 10/20

2 Comments:

  • I have been out shopping!!! This is sooooo fun!!!!!!

    I still have some more to do before I send your first package.

    Hope that all is well with you and baby to be. Do you know if you are having a boy or girl?

    Secret Pal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:41 AM  

  • Hi! Thanks for posting your SP7 questionnaire! I hope you're having a blast spoiling your pal, and getting spoiled by yours!

    Shelby

    By Blogger Shelby, at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home