cant_talk_knitting

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Missing: Two Teeth!

So I took Frances in for a dental cleaning yesterday and when I went to pick her up, I found out that they'd had to extract two teeth! Poor baby. She came home and wobbled around the house in a post-anesthesia haze. This morning her eyes are much brighter and I found her in bed with me around 5am, so she was able to jump up without falling.

She lost two (fairly small) bottom teeth. The vet said that some cats are just prone to bad teeth, which somewhat soothed my "I'm a bad kitty owner" anxiety. Max hissed at her several times for smelling like bad vet smells. Oh, the indignity of being a cat home from the vet.

She's on antibiotics, so now I have to find someone willing to come in twice a day this weekend to shove an eyedropper down her throat. We are going out of town -- hurrah! A friend of ours rents a cabin every year up above Sonora, and we missed last year, so I am very excited.

Super mellow crowd -- you gotta love friends that can all hang out, reading separate books & not talking for several hours and be OK with that. This is not a highly efficient "make use of every minute" crowd, and that's totally up my alley.

We just need to get there early enough that we can grab one of the downstairs bedrooms as the upstairs is a big open loft w/20 beds & several snorers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home