cant_talk_knitting

Thursday, June 09, 2005

To Tell or Not to Tell?

OK, so the Bikram yoga adventure continues. Yesterday I went, and felt yucky again. Then I heard the instructor tell another woman that it takes about 10 classes for things to really sink in. So, today will be class 7 for me. I'd love to skip, and only go to my regular class tonight, but I fear that one skipped class would turn into two, into three, etc.

I have lost 5 pounds so far -- probably mostly water weight, but who cares?

As I figured, it is starting to really bug me that you do the same exact poses every class. Yawn. Having taken Iyengar for 7 years with an instructor who's been teaching for over 25 years, I am used to a lot more changing up during the classes. (Of course, when I went on Tuesday night, we did many of the same poses that I'd done earlier in the day, so that's what I get for complaining about lack of variety). I also dislike the "this is the best and only way to do yoga" attitude that Bikram fosters. I agree that I can get lazy during classes, so I do appreciate some of the ways we do things in Bikram, but don't like being chastised for modifications.

On another subject entirely, I'm debating whether or not to let people I know IRL (geek speak for in real life) know that I have a blog. There is something nice about being fairly anonymous and being able to write w/out fear of editing comments that someone I know might read, but I guess letting your friends know also invites readership that will be harder to build w/out letting them know. (And you know I live and die by the comments -- well, not really, but you know, you all blog too).

Must go eat something now, despite fuzzy warm kitty on my lap. I think one of the reasons that I didn't feel go great in yoga yesterday is that I lost track of time & ate a snack too close to class (which you are not supposed to do, but it was better than going into class w/nothing on my stomach but coffee and water.)

1 Comments:

  • yeah, cause even if you have a crappy class or 2 minute run, you can have superior "I exercised today" feelings for the rest of the day.

    I'll probably only do Bikram for this month in preparation for SE Asia weather. Then I don't think I can afford both that and my regular gym & I couldn't give up on the Iyengar yoga.

    I was thinking the same thing about the censorship too -- if I slip one day, I'll have to race to the computer to see if I've said anything remotely offensive in case that person decides to read.

    By Blogger cant_talk_knitting, at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home