cant_talk_knitting

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Job Offer!!!!

Hooray -- I shall soon be gainfully employed in a rather dreamy dream job. Not only will I be bringing home some bacon again, I think I am really going to enjoy this position, enjoy the people I work with, and be progressing in my career goals.

More details about the position to follow soon -- I don't even know the job title, since it will be a new position, but will learn more on Friday. The need is urgent enough that they are going to bring me on board in a contractor position until they can get approval for the head count, and make it a real full time position. I just need to get something in writing about when that might happen, and if there are any guarantees about whether I would face any competition when that happened.

But, for now, I just want to enjoy the euphoria. And maybe some new shoes.

I'll need to wean myself off of my diet of "Little House on the Prairie" that being unemployed has allowed me to indulge in. I watched some of this series while growing up (but only when my parents went out for the evening, since we weren't allowed to watch TV on school nights), and of course read all of the books. TIVO figured out that I liked LHP and now I seem to get 50 episodes a day in TIVO suggestions.

Yesterday I watched the episode where Nellie Oleson is pregnant and her mother and father-in-law fight over the religion of the baby (Jewish vs. Christian). In the end, they agreed to raise a boy Jewish and a girl Christian, and Nellie nicely complies by having one of each. This seemed like such a nice compromise when I was young, but as an adult, the reality of trying to have separate religions for your children seems far too chaotic. Raising them both in an interfaith way would seem much more practical to me, though I'm sure that would raise objections by families that are more religious than I'd consider myself to be.

2 Comments:

  • ooooooo congratulations!!!! i'm so excited for you!

    I can't wait to hear about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:35 PM  

  • Where are you! You need to post! I hate my life! I need you to post! NOW!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home