cant_talk_knitting

Monday, October 10, 2005

Start my new job today

I start my new job today -- don't have to go in until noon, because my boss is arriving on a flight from Atlanta at 10:30am. That's rather nice. So I slept in for about an hour after I will need to normally start getting up, then got up and went to the grocery store to stock up on food for the week -- hoping to avoid expensive and fattening restaurant meals now that I'm working.

I finally finished Kyoto -- YAY!!!

Was going to leave you all a photo, but I didn't like any of my self portraits -- they didn't show off the sweater too well, and weren't very flattering of me. Then my camera batteries died, so I took that as a sign to wait for Mr. CTK to come home and take a photo tonight.

I wore it out on Friday, and it was quite comfortable. One of my best friend's was in town for a medical conference, so we went out to eat with him, and then met some of his doctor friends at the Redwood Room at the Clift hotel. It was filled with 20-somethings and the uniform of the evening was (women) -- tank top with sequin details, (men) -- metrosexual patterned shirt left untucked (to hide burgeoning beer gut??).


Saturday night was New Wave City's 13th Anniversary party -- they always do a preparty, which I have catered for the last six years or so. This year we expected a smallish crowd so I made fewer dishes than I normally do. All was very tasty & it was a much lower stress day than usual, when I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

The next day I wanted to cut my head off for real -- I'll spare you all the ugly details, but let's just say I met this very nice bartender who poured me VERY STRONG drinks. Ugh. I hated life all day until Mr. CTK took me to Saul's for some matzo ball soup.

Was supposed to go over to my brother's to watch the Blue Angels, but decided black rooftop + sun + loud planes flying overhead == more disasterous than I could contemplate. I don't really get the Fleet Week activity appeal -- how many loop de loops do you need to see a plane do anyway.

My high school was near the Navy base in Alameda, so we always had some assembly involving the Navy Singer or some such when Fleet Week took place. The Blue Angels cost some enormous amount of money everytime they get into the sky (because of how much fuel they burn, I think), plus the training costs, so they haven't been a part of Fleet Week here for the last couple of years. My dad was a Navy pilot, so I guess I would have gone and been supportive if not for the hangover thing...

I'd better go figure out what I am going to wear today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home