cant_talk_knitting

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

We're home -- Knit Night tonight

We had a great time in San Diego this weekend -- once we actually got there! Went to the airport on Thursday night only to discover that SD was socked in with fog. They loaded us on the plane & then said that we were on ground hold since there were already a bunch of planes circling.

After about an hour on the plane, we gave up, rebooked for Friday, went all the way home & then came back the next morning. I was so tired from all that that I didn't do any knitting on the plane (either time!). I just passively listened to a book on CD.

Tonight I am going to a knitting group that occurs every 3 months or so. It is kind of nice that it is so infrequent because I could probably never do a regular weekly thing since I go to the gym on Tuesday and Thursdays for yoga. Or I used to. Hopefully I will start again soon. Blegh.

I need to go home and figure out if I have enough of any yarn to make a baby hat so I can cast on before going to knitting. I always like to take something that I don't have to think much about. A friend from work is having a small shower on Friday, so I'd like to get a hat done for that. Love those quick little baby hats! I'll probably do the umbilical cord hat from SnB. If I don't have appropriate yarn, a quick trip to Article Pract for some of my favorite Rowan wool/cotton might be in order. I just adore the feel of that stuff & with my Addi Turbos, I can get a hat done pretty quickly. Will have to remember to take my dpns just in case I get to the decrease part (which I doubt, since I am slow).

I can't remember if I whined here about my TiVo box going kaput. Was all excited because we came home and my neighbor called to say the new one arrived. Turns out the *replacement* was also broken! So now replacement #2 is on its way to my house. Grrrr. I have to miss the first American Idol tonight -- I love the early ones since they contain all of the crappy singers. Mostly I watch it to mock the contestants, but I usually end up liking a few. And then I usually want my favorite to come in second so they don't have to make the schlocky stuff that the AI producers make them do.

1 Comments:

  • Glad to see that you had a great time even though it started off bad.

    So how did knitting group go? Did you get the hat done? Need pictures of it :)

    Just wanted to check in and see what you were up to.

    Talk to you later.

    Your Secret Pal

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home