cant_talk_knitting

Friday, February 17, 2006

Closing the Toe!!

Hooray -- I started the decreases for the toe of my first sock last night.

SP, I *am* loving the Lantern Moon needles. I need to go get some in size 3 to try the baby socks. I still have an American Express gift card that I won in December so I don't even have to feel guilty. It might even cover another set of Addi Turbos for me.

I have two knitting groups next week, so should make good progress on sock 2 of the pair.

Poor Blu is feeling neglected, but I promise to get back to the little baby jeans just as soon as I get over the sock fixation. I don't really like the needles I'm using, so perhaps the above mentioned Addi's could be bought in the appropriate size.

I need to get on with a more comprehensive catalog of my needles as I forget what I have, and only have that little chart in Stitch and Bitch marked up, but that doesn't leave space for writing in brands so I know where I've splurged and where I've gotten whatever Michael's had in stock in the size I needed because I could use one of those 40% off coupons.

Tonight we are seeing friends that used to live in San Diego, but moved to Chicago. They have a little girl that we haven't met yet, so I'm looking forward to it. We get to tell them in person about the baby because my email to them bounced back, and then Mr. CTK got a note saying they were coming to town, so we decided to wait. It is waaaayyyy more fun that way.

Tomorrow we drop of our old chair to be reupholstered. I am so excited -- costing us way more than it would be to buy a new chair, but this one is one that my parents bought in their early marriage, so it has sentimental value. I'll have to cover it in tinfoil for the first couple of weeks so that the cats learn not to claw it.

The belly is stretching and swelling, but I have felt some somersaults this week for sure, so that was weird and exciting all at the same time.

1 Comments:

  • I am glad that you liked the needles. They are quite addictive. LOL I am working on getting your 2nd package off to you hopefully this week.

    Hope you are doing well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home